Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome Back

I trust that your spring break was restfull.  We have hit the road running this week, and here is an overview of team green.

Math 7 BOYS- I was hoping to get the current unit done before the break, but we just ran out of time.  We are spending several days trying to master the concept of taking a word problem and converting it into fractions, decimals, percentage, as well as converting the decimal to degrees to create circle graphs.  I'd like to finish the unit this week, and have a test next week.  I have been assigning 1 question each night, but I have not been satisfied with the completion rate.

English-  Any of Mr. Martin's class who haven't turned in their Memoir are very late.  I won't return any until I get them all turned in.  We will be starting Poetry next, and the students will create their own poetry booklet.  I am hoping to combine the poetry with some grammar lessons, thanks to a resource from Mrs. Haywood-Farmer

Socials- today we are starting our debates on the Northern Gateway Pipeline.  We also have started a small mapping assignment on Mesopotamia

Science- both classes will be starting the 3rd chemistry "mystery powders" lab today.  Several students helped me inventory the new lab equipment we purchased for the lab, thank you.

PE- The students ran their second beep test and other physical fitness testing yesterday.  Most students improved the number of lenghts of the gym they could run.  With the warmer weather starting, we are anxious to return outside for activities such as tennis, road hockey, track and field, and flag football.

No comments:

Post a Comment